Car Battery Replacement and Maintenance
Battery Replacement & Maintenance
There are so many toys, products, and tools today that rely on batteries as their power source. The battery in your vehicle is no different- without it, you won’t be going anywhere. The primary function of a car battery is to deliver power to the engine in order to start it up. Additional features depend on the battery as well, such as interior lights, the radio, automatic features, and many others.
As a car battery ages, it slowly loses its effectiveness and eventually wears out. If you’ve ever experienced a dead battery, you know that even starting your vehicle is not going to happen. We suggest having your battery checked annually by a Garber Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram technician to make sure it’s functioning properly.
Experience the Garber Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram Difference
Yes, there are so many places you can take your car to have the battery inspected, but how do you know you’re getting the best service at the most affordable prices? Many “quick service” locations have a tendency to take care of the only thing you ask for, and then, press you to make unnecessary purchases. At Garber Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram, we strive to be exceptional in every category. We won’t only give your battery a full inspection, we will also check other parts of your vehicle to be certain everything is in working order.
Our courtesy check includes an examination of other essential elements, rather than just your car battery. That way, you don’t leave with unwanted surprises waiting to come out of the woodwork. Schedule your next battery check-up with the service center at Garber Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram, where we eliminate the nagging, “what will go wrong with my car next?”
Slow Start – If it seems slower or takes longer for your vehicle to start-up.
Check-Engine Light – This may turn on when the battery is weak.
Random Warning Lights – If a “low coolant” warning light appears, even if the coolant is not low.
Low Fluid – A see-through area on the battery allows you to see the amount of fluid remaining; the lower it is, the closer the battery is to needing replaced.
Having an unreliable battery can be extremely frustrating. The first thing to check is whether you have any accessories or items plugged-in that may be draining the battery. If you have done this and that isn’t the case, then there are some other things you can examine. If the majority of the trips that you make are short, especially in cold weather, there may not be sufficient time for the amperage from the alternator to recharge after exerting power to start the car.
Of course, there is always the possibility that the battery is simply at the end of its usable life and needs to be replaced. If you’ve checked for the above concerns and that does not solve the issue, it is time for a trip to visit your friendly Garber Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram technician who can diagnose and solve your battery issues.
Garber Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram! Stop in and let one of our professional technicians help you get the right battery for your vehicle.
Garber Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram takes pride in repairing all vehicle makes, models, and ages. Whether you purchased your car from us or another dealership, we are happy to help with your vehicle needs. If you have any questions or concerns about the service center at Garber Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram, feel free to call us at (989) 607-3540.
First, be prepared with a couple things we highly recommend you keep on board:
- You will need a set of jumper cables which can be found conveniently at the Garber Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram service center. If you are in a last minute dilemma, auto parts stores or retail stores, such as Kmart or Sears also sell them.
- The second thing you need is another vehicle, whether a family member, friend, or simply a Good Samaritan is willing to help.
Now, follow the steps below. Don’t worry, jump starting a car battery is an easier process than you may think.
- Both cars must be close enough together so the jumper cables will reach from one car to the other. Turn both cars off.
- After opening the hoods, locate the batteries and their terminals. On the battery there will be two terminals, a red one marked positive (+) and a black one marked negative (-).
*Be sure not to connect the positive (red) part of the jumper cable to a negative (black) battery terminal, or vice versa.
- Find a metal area under the hood of the vehicle with the dead battery (you will use this later).
- Connect a positive (red) jumper cable to the positive (+) terminal of the dead battery.
- Connect the other positive (red) jumper cable to the positive (+) terminal of the good battery.
- Connect a negative (black) jumper cable to the negative (-) terminal of the good battery.
- Connect the other negative (black) jumper cable to the metal of the vehicle with the dead battery (as mentioned in step 3). You can use any metal surface as long as it is not too close to the battery. The side of the car should suffice in most cases.
- You’re done connecting! Start the car with the good battery.
- After a few minutes (approximately 2-5 min.), start the car with the dead battery.
If the car starts successfully:
- Remove the jumper cables, starting with the negative (black) clamps.
If the car does not start:
- Wait a few minutes and attempt to start the car with the dead battery again.
Everything you need to know about batteries—
The battery provides power to the electrical components in a vehicle. The lights, ignition, radio, and several other components depend on a car battery; without one that works, your vehicle will not be able to start-up.
The Process – Chemical reactions within the battery itself create the electrical energy necessary to power a car. The voltage produced travels to the ignition which allows the vehicle to turn on. Besides generating energy to start the car, the battery also stabilizes the voltage to keep the engine running.
Exclusive Coupons & Specials
At Garber Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram, our goal is to offer the best services available at affordable prices to get you back on the road in no time. As a customer-forward facility, we want to show you how much we value your business by offering exclusive coupons and specials.
Meet the Team
Because our technicians are ASE-certified and well experienced in what they do, the vast majority of mechanical issues across virtually all makes and models can be solved at Garber Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram! We encourage you to visit us for your next service appointment. Contact us today to allow one of our friendly, professional service technicians to help you stay on the road longer without a hiccup along the way.
A Certified Auto Repair Facility
For today’s car owner, finding a knowledgeable automotive professional can pose a real challenge. That’s why the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence was created in order to develop competent automotive technicians in all major areas of repair and service. Take the guesswork out of your next service appointment by consulting with ASE-Certified Technicians, conveniently located at Garber Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram.