Thanksgiving is a time for family, good food, and showing gratitude for the wonderful things we have in our lives. It’s meant to be a peaceful time of reflection with a feast of good fortune. However, it is also one of the busiest and most hectic times to be on the road all year long, not to mention the unpredictability of the weather! So how do you get your food to your family safely and without making a mess? We compiled a short list of recipes that travel well and a few things to add to your vehicle to make your Thanksgiving commute a little easier.
First, think about the recipe. Here are some recipes that travel well because you can keep the dressings separate or pack easily into airtight containers. If you’re not much of a cook you can always offer to bring the rolls or the wine!
- Spice up the appetizer table with these tasty bourbon-flavored pecans.
- Bring a fresh take on green beans by adding walnuts, fennel and goat cheese.
- Upgrade a classic with this savory Parmesan and sausage stuffing
- There’s always room for cranberry sauce and this one is delightfully simple and elegant.
Second, be smart about how you transport your dish. No matter what recipe you bring to the table, you can prevent mistakes that leave a permanent stain in your vehicle by following these simple rules:
- Don’t over fill your travel containers to prevent leaking.
- Go easy on the dressing or put it in another smaller container that is more secure then add it when you arrive.
- If you can, put dishes on the floor and put down all weather mats that wipe up easy so any accidents won’t even reach the vehicle’s upholstery.
Third, protect your vehicle ahead of time. Most dealerships, including this one, have precision fit liners for your vehicle that will allow you to keep your interior looking like new. From seat covers to trunk liners, you can safeguard your car against accidents inside the car while on the road. Make the purchase that allows you to take the best care of your car as possible, call us at (989) 607-3537 today to talk to a specialist about the best defense for your car.
With available car accessories like these, there’s plenty to be grateful for this holiday season. Safe travels and bon appetit!